Oldhammer 2015

Yeah I know it was like 7 months ago but it takes me a while to get around to stuff :)
This was a 1000pt battle between my dwarves and my mate Matt's chaos boys.
This is also my first attempt at posting stuff so apologies if it's rubbish and doesn't work etc.

Chaos deployment - that seems like a lot of trolls for 1000pts...

I deployed second

Turns out my crossbows scared them chaos lads more than their trolls scared me so they went pootling off round the left flank for like four or five turns !

Eventually the chaos horde decided to get close

Only for the flame thrower team to flambe the cultists and send them running in panic :lol:

After that it was caution to the wind and everything that could charge charged!!

There were several turns of slugging it out with push-backs and break tests on both sides - though all were passed, until the hero leading the dwarf warriors by the barn got lucky and managed to fell the chaos knight leading the trolls! The trolls lost the combat and fled and Matt called the game there.

It could have gone either way - Matt losing the cultists to a panic test made a difference and in close combat both sides were pretty evenly matched.

I have some more close up photos if anyone's interested - assuming this first lot work!!

Back