WFB3: Three player game (2500 pts)

Dreamfish

Administrator
Last sunday I played a game of oldhammer with two friends. One of them S was insipired by a previous game we played a couple of weeks before. S finally decided to give in and bought himself an army of High Elves. His army consists mostly out of 8th edition High Elves I believe, which is partly painted by the previous owner. The other player D used to play warhammer somewhere in the 90s and has a 4/5th edition Chaos Dwarves and Chaos army. Partly painted by himself. We managed to persued D to dig out his army and give 3rd edition a try.

We played a three player game. This means the normal YouGoIGo turn secquence doesn't work. All players play each phase instead. First you determine who begins the game. Starting the normal phase sequence each player completes his phase until the turn has ended. Sometimes this can even be done simultaneously. The same method has been applied in some remote games played out on this forum. Chargers are declared by all players at the start of the movement phase (which is quite fun actually) and the combat phase is played out in rounds, one round for each player. This method of playing worked out very well, and actually represents realtime a bit more accurately because everything happens in the same phase rather than after one player has finished all his phases.

Usually I use Army Builder to quickly build army lists. D made his army list with his 4th edition army book which I've managed to translate to 3rd edition rules. Inspired with this I'm planning to include a 3rd edition Chaos Dwarves army list in army builder. For those interested here you'll find the Chaos Dwarves army list D used. D's army also included some Flamers and Chaos hounds (which are a lot of fun). if time permits I'm also planning to implement the complete 3rd edition bestiary in an unrestricted manner.

D managed to win the game by killing both my generals. S had the most casualties and I had the most kills. We had beasts, flyers, war warchines, and lots of magic. In total it took 10 hours to play out 5 turns. We all enjoyed the game and are ready for more.

Attached an overview of the battlefield and some pictures of the game.

TableSetup.png

IMAG2194.png

IMAG2199.png

IMAG2201.png

IMAG2209.png

IMAG2217.png

weazil

Re: WFB3 - Three player game (2500 pts)

Nice to see your table getting an outing (and, indeed, you getting a game!).

...and interesting news about the chaos dwarf list. I have a feeling a lot of big hst fans would like to see that...

Asslessman

Great stuff though the Chaos dwarf player will have a mental spank for unpainted lead ^^
Great news about the army lists !

top stuff. lovely big pictures too, i enjoyed looking at all the miniatures being put to good use.

Back