Rogue Trader - Fallout 2

Well this weekend I decided to get some Fallout action in on the tabletop and so my girlfriend and I played a small skirmish game involving an intrepid band of NCR Rangers attacking a raider camp as retribution following the ambush of an NCR Caravan. The rules used were my own modification of 1987's Rogue Trader.

blogger-image-1527447752.jpg

blogger-image-434733524.jpg

The raiders (represented by classic GW Necromunda Orlocks) were poorly equipped, poorly trained and outnumbered the Rangers 4:1.

blogger-image-1630369514.jpg

blogger-image-1804913261.jpg

The Rangers (Black Scorpion Cowboys) however were much better armed and had far superior stats giving them a good chance of success if used properly. Luckily my girlfriend was quick to realise that using cover and getting the NCR's finest into good fire positions was the key to success and so set about doing this as soon as practicable.

blogger-image-1411451274.jpg

Eventually this tactic paid off and she was able to start to dominate the battlefield with her high-powered rifles whilst her pistol and shotgun troops quickly closed the distance to their foe.

blogger-image-1275727233.jpg

This left the raiders on the back foot and many of their number were still in the camp as their front-line was shattered under the force of cowboy rifles and shotguns.

blogger-image--1874129304.jpg

With this initial loss of momentum the raiders were never able to regain the initiative and eventually a lone ranger (get it...lone ranger) was able to creep into their rear lines and seize the objective from them!

Overall this was a great game and really reminded me of playing the original Fallout all those years ago. I think with the miniatures, the narrative and the bespoke terrain I was really able to capture the character of the California Wasteland.

There is a slightly more detailed BATREP and a lot more photos on my blog at:

My Blog

Back