Hell Smashico. 2nd ed Blood bowl

riot

Despite only having a couple of days before going back to work I am easily distracted (again) and it's another Bank Holiday El Smashico game of Bloodbowl.

No fancy commentry on this one as I really need to get back to work!

P1140218.JPG

Kris is eager to give his new team a run out so it's a new classico of The Orc Team Vs the Bifrost Berserkers.

Despite the Viking look we continue to play them as 2nd Edition Humans.

P1140219.JPG

The shernanigans start early and Kris tries to field 14 players on the field. I know Orcs are poor counters but even I work out something is wrong with this picture!

P1140221.JPG

Early on the Ref takes an interest in the Norse. Keep a close eye on 'em ref!

P1140222.JPG

Swift Nick, my Orc Catcher looks like he's about to come unstuck on the left wing as he runs into a three man block!

P1140223.JPG

Thankfully the slippery sod manages to evade the multiple block and decides to join us on the right.
Over on the right wing I continue to make steady progress.

P1140224.JPG

In typical 2nd edition style things get messy in the centre and my blockers 'da loose toofs' get to work!

P1140225.JPG

I spot an opening on the left wing and a swift chuck over the top is caught by 'Boots' my kicker. Could this be a touch down?

P1140226.JPG

A quick interlude as Munchkin (my daughter) shows us her drawing of the game in action! I hope it shows me winning.

Now back to the action.

P1140227.JPG

I make a bolt down the left wing and a run of well timed blocks coupled with some very lucky dice rolls sees 'Boots' continue his run towards the end zone unhindered.

P1140229.JPG

TOUCH DOWN MUTHER TRUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One - Nil to the Orc team! and thats the half time whistle.

riot

P1140230.JPG

The second half sees me punt the ball as far down the field as possible.

P1140231.JPG

Kris make a concentrated break down his right wing.

I decide to give him enough rope to hang himself and pull back on my left to crunch any one who makes a break for it while the majority of my team try to swing in round the back and nick the ball.

P1140232.JPG

I look at the above picture and think 'Custers last stand'?

P1140234.JPG

My Blitzer 'Da green streak' steams in and tries to make a 'Heroic tackle' but I fail the roll miserably and the Norse Thrower, twinkle toes his way through the tackle.

BOLLORKS!!!!!!!!

P1140235.JPG

Thankfully everything else is going ok. I tighten the noose and stall out the Norse attack, while getting enough Orks round the back to cause Kris some discomfort (oo er misses!).

P1140236.JPG

In typical 2nd edition fashion the carnage continues!

P1140240.JPG

Kris lobs one over the top but 'Boots' makes the Heroic tackle and the ball bobbles free. Could a reversal be on the cards?

P1140242.JPG

NO! The Norse Blocker manages to scoop up the ball and in looks fairly secure in his giant mitts!

P1140243.JPG

On my left, Nigel my Orc blocker wishes he had listerned to his mother and gone into dentistry!

P1140244.JPG

The Norse blocker continues his 'sprint' towards the Orc endzone but runs out of puff just short of the line!

P1140245.JPG

One of my 'Expendables' comes crashing in and drops the Norse with a heroic tackle. Unfortunately it does result in the Orc staying in the injury box for the rest of the game!

P1140246.JPG

Now all 'Boots' has to do is sprint in, grab the ball and then punt it up field. . . Easy right?

Of course not! I roll a six on the sprint and Boots ends up in the injury box with 'Charleys horses'.

BOLL ORKS!!

P1140247.JPG

Kris tries to run down 'Sticky Hands Dan' my Goblin catcher just in case I do get my hands on the ball. Unfortunately his Blitzer decides to collapse to the ground and drops dead from a coronary!

Maybe more cardio was needed in the pre-season training?

P1140248.JPG

With only 2 turns left of the game, the Blocker is back on his feet but my Thrower 'Da long bomb' comes crashing in and manages to drop the bigger man with another heroic tackle!

How bloody close is this!

P1140249.JPG

With only one turn left and a total of eight players on the pitch, we are both running out of options. Out of nowhere Kris' lineman manages to sprint into the endzone and pick up the ball to score and end the game on a one all draw in the dieing seconds of the game!

I spot a chance for some Orcy cunnin' and try to convince him, he has failed the sprint by rolling a six. . . . see a five and a one. . . . thats six.

Bless him he's had a long day and I nearly got away with it.

Alls fair in love and Bloodbowl!

P1140250.JPG

And thats the final whistle!

The shot from the blimp shows how few players are left on the field of play. Jonathan E would be proud!

What a nail biter!

Who knows what the result would have been if my brother had not insisted in striving on with the unluckiest themed die in the world!

Is there a set of themed dice out there which are not unlucky?

Back