Evil dead in smallville

Dreamfish

Administrator
My buddy and I finally got together again to play a game of oldhammer. We played a small game of around 900 points. The story resolved around four villagers staying in an old cabin near the woods. They found an old book called the necronomicon and read some paragraphs while enjoying some grog and a good laugh. Unaware of what they had unleased, they soon found themselves surrounded by the living dead. Luckily for them some dwarfs units where patrolling the area and came to the rescue of some sorts.

I've used a star table setup and placed the cabin in the middle of the table forcing everyone to the center of the table.

The undead force had a level 1 dragon with desiccation breath without wings, lvl15 necromancer and two lvl10 undead champions each equipped with a magic weapon and two units of skeletons.

The dwarf force had a gyrocopter, lvl15 hero with a frostblade, and two lvl10 champions and two units of dwarfs.

The objective
The dwarf force was able to control the villagers in turn two and had to move them to a secure area. Every villager killed would turn into a lvl5 undead champion in the following turn.

IMG-20150719-WA0005.jpg

The bridge was later replaced.

20150720_d60_5338-e.jpg

Dwarven core unit approcing the bridge

20150720_d60_5340-e.jpg

Villagers come outside to see what the fuss is about.

20150720_d60_5342-e.jpg

Something stirs in the woods

20150720_d60_5343-e.jpg

One runs off to the nearby dwarven unit, one hides in the cabin, and two run towards the river.

20150720_d60_5344-e.jpg

caught and killed by a desiccation breath attack.

20150720_d60_5345-e.jpg

Unit is attacked by the dragon a loses first round of combat, causing the unit to auto rout.

20150720_d60_5346-e.jpg

One of the villagers aborts his escape to the river, runs back to the cabin, just in time to baricade the door with their former companion standing in front of it screaming brains, brains!

20150720_d60_5347-e.jpg

Meanwhile the gyrocopter causes some minor damage to some skeletons but is eventually brought down by some well placed lighting bolts.

20150720_d60_5348-e.jpg

With the whole dwarven force on the run, their general wants to try out his forstblade sword and successfully shops off the dragon head in one single blow.

Ignoring the rules that a frostblade sword is only effective on living creatures I allowed my opponent some well earned fun, he needed it. In the end he failed to save and protect the villagers. The undead prevailed and claimed the souls of those who dared to read necronomicon.

Cheers,
Dreamfish

Just John

Sh, its a beautiful if pricey bit of terrain. Nice to see a review of it and you did a great job painting it.

Asslessman

Great little story and very intersting set up. You di dthe right thing with the frostblade Vs Dragon thing. Stories demand an heroic moment like that ^^

Blue in VT

So good to see that lovely table of yours in use again!!!

It seems like you had a great game...and more importantly a great time!

Cheers,

Blue

Back