a game of RT with my Dad

Frank FJA

Hey, guys.

My Dad and I played a Rogue Trader Skirmish against each other tonight.

Sorry if it's kinda blurry, I didn't take many pictures.

My Dad had 4 Crimson Fists, led by 1 Marine Champion with a Power glove and a Bolter.

I had my 6 Eldritch Raiders, Led by 1 Eldar Pirate Champion with a Power sword and a Shuriken catapult.

It was a pretty crazy fight. Our two squads battled a very quick and bloody skirmish over a watchtower-tree. The Eldar and Space marines faught to the very last man! My Dad won the game after blowing the head off of my Pirate Champions' body with his last Marine's trusty Bolter!

It was all very fun. Our re-match will have the Eldritch Raiders storm the Fist's as they defend the Tree-tower!

Frank FJA

lol to be honest we're both not that sharp with the rules just yet and while it was pretty close he beat me fair and square haha

Asslessman

I have to say Im' impressed... Some time ago Legiocustodes managed to game with his mother too ! How do you guys do?

Asslessman

butchyboy73":1vmjy3wb said:
did you do the decent son thing and let your Dad win? ;)

I think it's a little more complicated than this, you have to preserve the old man's ego by not winning but you also haveto show you're tough and didn't spend all that time with models to be beaten by a beginner...
No, you have to play it like your dad is about to win during all the game and end on a draw,

you just can't lose because losing in front of him will break hearts (and he could argue you knew the rules better), and winning against him will probably break some too...

Once a few games ar epast you can probably unleash your full potential and go find another player... :grin:

Frank FJA

So Dad and I went at it again with a rematch. This time we threw in some 2nd Edition 40k mission cards. We each drew a card and had our own objective.

My Dad had Engage And Destroy, While I had Dawn Raid.

My Dad's Force: the Crimson Fists, led by Sergeant Stone.

The Sergeant had a Power Glove and plasma gun, the marine with the big backpack had a Flamer.

My Force: the Eldritch Raiders, led by Jet Brody, the crazed Eldar adventurer who eats snowboards and bleeds Mt. Dew.

The leader had a power sword and laspistol, while the rest simply had laspistols and swords.

My dad chose a Ruin to deploy in, for which my Eldar had to occupy en masse in order to gain the most points.

Heres some pics.

BANANNA HEAD INVASION!!

The board after the game.

The Space Marines were outnumbered 2:1, but despite this they magaged to destroy half of the Eldar's force gaining 10 points.
However, after an epic struggle, The Eldritch Raider's Leader, Jet Broady wasted Sergeant Stone with his power sword!

The Eldar gained a Victory with 15 points!

Best two out of Three?

Back