WHB 3rd ed : Amazons vs Dwarfs (with army list details)

Nico

Check this link to find the story and the battle report of the last game I played againts Patatovitch.
http://nico-realmsofchaos.blogspot.fr/2014/07/battle-report-gold-fever.html

Before beginning the reading of the story, I recommend you to download the Mp3 file on my Blog...

Good reading.
Nico.

The Amazons army of Patatovitch, it's an home made army list based on the 3rd ed Slann armylist, with human profil.
0_zps4f31fccc.jpg

The Dwarfs Mercenaries of Nico.
1_zps6cbb8d13.jpg

patatovitch

Re: WHB 3rd ed : Battle report Amazons vs Dwarfs

Thank you Nico ! A nice battle and a nice weekend.
Tomorrow for the french version.

Nico

Re: WHB 3rd ed : Battle report Amazons vs Dwarfs

As you know Patatovitch, your always welcome 8-)

========================================================================================

AMAZON ARMYLIST 1995 pts

CHARACTER MODELS 717 pts
- Tacapantzin Matriarch 105 150 pts
Hero 20 Claw of the Old One (Powersword) 30
Sungauntlet (boltpistol) 15

- Miahuaxiuitl - Amazon priestess 155 220 pts
Wizard 15 Hand weapon
Solar Staff (bolter) 25
Amulet of Moon (4+) 40

- Chalchiutinenetzin - Amazon priestess 155 155 pts
Wizard 15 Hand weapon

- Omixochitl - Noble 80 110 pts
Hero 15 Hand weapon
Claw of the Old One (Powersword) 30

- Lead dancer 30 47 pts
Hero 5 Hand weapon
Bow 2
Hail of doom 25

- Lead dancer 30 35 pts
Hero 5 Heavy weapon 2
Light armour/Shield 3

RANK &FILE 1278 pts
- Eagle warriors 15 205 pts
10 Hand weapon, shield armour, Shining amulet (6+)
15 Banner
15 Musician
25 Hymn of hate

- Amazon guards 8 168 pts
20 Lances, hand weapon, shiled
8 Banner

- Koka-kalims 9 178 pts
15 Heavy weapons
9 Banner
9 Musician
25 Doomsounder

- Amazon warriors 6 96 pts
16 Hand weapon, shield

- Amazon warriors 6 102 pts
17 Hand weapons, throwing knife

- Animal Handler Amazon and two wildcats (puma) 49 pts
Hand weapon

- Amazon huntswomen 11 165 pts
15 Hand weapon, bow

- Amazon huntswomen 11 165 pts
15 Hand weapon, bow

- Stellar Cannon 150 pts

=============================================================================================

2000 Pts - Dwarfs Roster

CHARACTERS (43%)
1 Dwarf Battle Wright, 196 pts = (base cost 8 + Level 20 Hero 160 + Heavy Armour 3) + Magic Weapon 25
1 Magically Inscribed Armour, 50 pts
1 Protective Runes or Symbols, 10 pts
1 Parasitic Blade, 10 pts
(total 266 pts)

1 Dwarf Anvil Cleaver, 166 pts = (base cost 8 + Battle Standard Bearer 50 + Level 10 Hero 80 + Heavy Armour 3) + Magic Weapon 25
1 Mithril Armour, 25 pts
(total 201 pts)

1 Dwarf Thunder Master, 303 pts = (base cost 8 + Level 20 Wizard 295)
(total 313 pts)

TROOPS (57%)
28 Dwarf Warriors, 330 pts = 28 * 11 (base cost 10 + Pike 1) + Musician mus 11 + Standard Bearer std 11
1 Dwarf Champion, 12 pts = (base cost 8 + Heavy Armour 3 + Pike 1)
(total 342 pts)

9 Dwarf Warriors, 121 pts = 9 * 11 (base cost 10 + Spear 1) + Musician mus 11 + Standard Bearer std 11
1 Dwarf Champion, 8 pts
(total 129 pts)

10 Thunderers, 130 pts = 10 * 13
(total 130 pts)

10 Thunderers, 130 pts = 10 * 13
(total 130 pts)

10 Dwarf Crossbowmen, 150 pts = 10 * 15 (base cost 11 + Shield 1 + Heavy Armour 3)
(total 150 pts)

1 Swivel Gun Teams, 20 pts
2 Dwarf Team, 30 pts = 2 * 15 (base cost 8 + Light Armour 2 + War Engine Crew 5)
(total 50 pts)

1 War Engine Battery, 0 pts
1 3-Man Cannon, 30 pts
3 Dwarf Crew, 48 pts = 3 * 16 (base cost 8 + Heavy Armour 3 + War Engine Crew 5)
1 3-Man Organ Gun, 60 pts
3 Dwarf Crew, 48 pts = 3 * 16 (base cost 8 + Heavy Armour 3 + War Engine Crew 5)
(total 186 pts)

1 Gyrocopter Wings, 50 pts
1 Dwarf Foe Smiter, 53 pts = (base cost 8 + Level 5 Hero 40 + War Engine Crew 5)
(total 103 pts)

1 Baggage Cart/Tent, 0 pts
(total 0 pts)

King Arthur

Fascinating read Nico ;)

You really felt the desperate situation the Dwarves were in especially after the early loss of the Gyrocopter and Organ Gun, but they are a tough army to break down, so not an easy victory for the Amazons!

The music you used...... that sent me back to afternoons after school!!! "Mysterious Cities of Gold" - it was very good ;)

Merci beaucoup!

I am tempted to finish painting an army and hop over the German border with France to game against one of your amazing armies!! Although I imagine the que for that is very long :grin:

Gary

Nico

Thank you King Arthur!! You are welcome in France, I am very close to the German border, I live in Metz. If you are motivated to come, I can lend you a painted army, no problem. ;)

Start in the center of the battlefield is complicated enough in this scenario and the loss of my Gyrocopter as well as of my organ gun in the first turn was a true disaster, Bad luck for the Dwarfs (and for me). Any way i keep a very good memory of this game.

King Arthur

Nico":1ocqv41w said:
Thank you King Arthur!! You are welcome in France, I am very close to the German border, I live in Metz. If you are motivated to come, I can lend you a painted army, no problem. ;)

Well that's an offer ;) We are 590 km apart, I'm in Nuernberg, approx 5:30 hrs by Car. Now to persuade the Wife to either look after the kids or join me for a weekend in Metz soon ;)

SerialMoM

Wow,

this Dwarven army is one of the best armies I have ever seen. I myself have a nice Dwarf army, but yours is so awesome.

Thank you!

Nico

Hi and thank you :grin: I admit I had painted this army with a lot of pleasur ...
Curent September I planned to finish my last unit : Two handed swordmen (count as Hammerers) !!

SerialMoM

This unit will be also awesome.

I just realized that Metz is only 2.5 hours away from me . I am living near Frankfurt.

Maybe we can arrange a battle sometimes.

Nico

Hey !! It's absolutely not a problem :grin: You're welcome !!
I host frequently in my house or in my club, to play old or current whfb rules. I particulary love big game but skirmishing have it's own charm 8-)

Woah, really nice dwarves ! (or dwarfs ?)
Well, let me just say something in French (sorry guys, Google Translate for the others !): Hé beh, mon cochon, ça c'est de l'armée qui envoie ! L'imagerie fait un peu "Saint-Empire Germanique", j'aime beaucoup !

Nico

Merci beaucoup, c'est gentil de ta part. Tu as tout à fait raison concernant le Saint Empire Germanique, mes Nains font partis d'une armée de mercenaires lansquenets (Landsknecht) qui sont tous droit issu de ce même Empire, j'ai également utilisée des bannières issues de grande villes/lands Germaniques de cette époque. L'armée est maintenant terminée et j'en suis bien contant :grin:

Back