Advanced Hero Quest: Prince of Persia - The Report

The place to post your battle reports with gorgeous pictures of old painted lead

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am

Advanced Hero Quest: Prince of Persia - The Report

Right, it's time to get this game on the table.

Here's a report of the first part of a of a solo game I started last night.

Backstory:

It is a time of darkness. While the Sultan is off fighting a foreign war, his Grand Vizier JAFFAR has seized the reins of power. Throughout the land, the people groan under the yoke of a cruel tyrant and dream of better days. Only one obstacle stands between Jaffar and the throne. An adventurer from a foreign land, innocent of palace intrigues, you have won the heart of the Sultan's lovely young daughter. And in so doing, you have unwittingly made a powerful enemy. As for the Princess, Jaffar gives her a choice and an hour to decide: Marry him--or die. Whichever her choice, it can bring only a throne for the Grand Vizier...a new reign of terror for his long-suffering subjects...and death for the brave youth who might have been...PRINCE OF PERSIA.

Step 1: rolling a profile for the "adventurer":

Weapon Skill: 5
Bow Skill: N/A
Strength: 6
Toughness: 4
Speed: 6
Bravery: 8
Intelligence: 9
Wounds: 2
Fate Points: 2

Step 2: Beginning the game

I've changed the story so that the adventurer is not imprisoned in the palace dungeons, but sneaks his way in through a side-entrance, fully armed with his trusty sword.

He descends the steps into the dungeon...

He turns left and finds a dead-end...

He turns around and sees a long corridor leading around to the right...

He walks along, turns the corner and bumps right into a guard on patrol!

The adventurer attacks the guard with his sword, wounds him, then casually walks past him toward the stairs at the end of the corridor...

"Oi!" the wounded guard follows the adventurer and attacks, but the blow is clumsy and easily parried...

The adventurer then runs at top speed down the corridor and dashes down the stairs to the next level of the dungeon...

TO BE CONTINUED
I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Post Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Re: Advanced Hero Quest: Prince of Persia - The Report

Get ready for Part 2!

Having escaped from the guard, the adventurer descends to the next level of the dungeon...

He turns left, again, and sees a flight of stairs leading outside the palace. No use going that way -- there's a Princess to rescue!

He turns right and sees a door!

He walks up to the door. What could be behind it?

An empty room! With another door...

He walks up the door. What could... <creak>

ANOTHER GUARD!

"Have at thee, knave!" he yells as he leaps heroically into combat, forgetting that his Weapon Skill is only 5.

There's a brief exchange of steel on steel before the adventurer remembers his terrible swordsmanship skills and decides to leave...

The guard follows and attacks, but our hero manages to parry once again...

The adventurer backs through the door and slams it in the guard's face. Good thing the AHQ rules don't permit the bad guys to open doors...

Having successfully escaped, the adventurer carries on up the corridor and finds it leads to an even longer one...

Just then, the hero notices a man-trap hidden in the floor. He carefully disarms it and moves on.

At the end of the long corridor is another flight of stairs, leading downward...

And down he goes...

TO BE CONTINUED
I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Return to Battle Reports