Warhammer 3rd Scenario: Dwarfs vs Wood Elves vs Fimir

popevaderii

Warhammer 3rd Ed Game held at Cambridge City Games Club, Sunday 23rd March

Scenario:

Fracking dwarfs are polluting a nearby river, local wood elves and fimir both take it upon themselves to end the diminutive dunces drilling operations with extreme prejudice; the game began with elves and fimir independently approaching the while a Dwarven relief column sprinted (well trundled) to reinforce their kin holed up in a tower…while the river bubbled and gurgled with menaces!

075_zpsea318e69.jpg

Battle:

The fimir raced forward under cannon fire while a dwarven gyrocopter dropped grenades and the elves wandered around hugging trees and using their longbows to take parts of dwarf relief column from a state of being alive to a state of being dead. Then the river started to spew forth various monsters with giant spiders, scorpions and moss monsters weakening general havoc except for the troll slayers who raced forth to die happy, heroic, deaths.

091_zps085962c7.jpg

After discovering bombs were not groovy elven archers unleashed hell and the gyrocopter suddenly stopped being a threat, more an explosion in a nearby swamp. This while Wardancers attacked a unit of warriors to no avail and the zoat wizard decided that the easiest thing to do was ravage the dwarven tower with magic, razing it to the ground with style and aplomb; leaving the grizzled miners outside somewhat puzzled as what to do. The fimir's advance then went all ‘Brave Sir Robin’ and ran away thanks to getting a mild scare from the rivers hallucinatory gasses.

093_zps5a139751.jpg

Thankfully the Fimir decided that A) They were no longer scared and B) they were not stupid, the latter not being true for their general who failed her stupidity test so spectacularly she raced towards a swamp to lunch upon poisonous mushrooms. Thankfully her underlings despatched both the remains of the miners and the remains of the Ironbreakers who’d reached the remains of the tower so, as the Elves despatched the last of the relief column with their bows (along with the remains of their own wardancers whose unique style of interpretive dance was so awful it resulted in summary execution), the Firmir got their blood sacrifice and thus solved the ecological disaster…the elves, they went back to hugging trees and sniffing the rivers hallucinatory gasses.

101_zps2b809ac5.jpg

Thanks to Richard (lenihan) and Matt for the a splendid afternoons gaming, and for your splendid 'spirit of the game' ethos...

lenihan

Good writeup, very funny! I'll write up a report myself in due course. Many thanks to yourself and Matt for a fun Sunday well spent, hope to see you both again soon in the near future.

Erny

Fun looking game, sorry I couldn't make it :(

Now you've been twice Lenihan perhaps we will see you on the Monday night now and then?

lenihan

I'll try and make it on Mon nights sometimes, I'd imagine we could get in some Realms of Chaos games? Plus I'd be open to considering other games (like Saga). Between work and family, though, weeknights are very difficult for me though, which is why I've never managed it thus far.

popevaderii

Excellent write up of a splendid days gaming...certainly showed me the pleasure of a more narrative based game than a simple 'line em up and battle'.

Back