New Recruits and a New Game!

Blue in VT

So I've had another excellent 3ed Game with my new Oldhammer recruits...2 games in a month! YAY!... This battle features a mostly Empire Army (1775ish points) against a Chaos force (1550ish points)

the Chaos Force consisted of:
Chaos General (20th level)
10 Chaos Marauders
20 Chaos Beastmen Warriors
14 Chaos Thug archers(skirmishing)
15 Chaos Dwarf Warriors
12 Chaos Dwarf Xbows
1 Chaos Dwarf Bazuka
1 Chaos Beastmaster 2 Warhounds
1 Troll

The Empire Force consisted of:
Empire General (20th level)
20 Halberdiers
15 Reiksguard
14 Empire Scouts
14 Empire Handgunners
14 Empire Archers
14 Halfling Archers
8 Knights Panther w/barded warhorses
15 Dwarf Warriors
1 3-man dwarf Cannon

The Scenario had the Empire Army trying to force a river crossing while the Chaos Forces defended the Bridge and Ford across the river...hence the slightly smaller force.

Im still awaiting some additional pictures from Tom...new recruit and photographer... but here are a couple of teasers from early in the action....obviously I need a proper River and bridge terrain...but its the thought that counts. :?

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Hopefully more and better pictures to come.

Random Lessons learned from this battle:

-I need to be more organized with my game data as a GM...a day of prep work would be great!
-Chaos Marauders....while not as strong as warriors...are still serious bad asses!
-Trolls are hard to kill...even by a whole unit of elite Knights
-Arquebuses are a real advantage over bows against heavily armored and tough creatures like most of the chaos force.
-I don't have a good grasp on the use of skirmishers for this game...I think my units were too large...2 smaller units might be more flexible than one large.
-The Chaos Dwarf Bazuka can be truly terrifying if it doesn't blow itself up! it killed more than 20 troops during the course of the battle.
-Proper positioning of the cannon must anticipate the movement of ones own troops over several turns (it got masked early and want particularly effective in this game.
-My buddy Paul (the latest new recruit) has magic Dice hands! particularly with missile troops.
-Ever non-gamer that I've introduced this game to has really enjoyed the experience (so far) so if you can't find oldhammer players...make new ones!
-I have a TON of Painting to do!
-I have a TON of Terrain to make!
-I still love this game!

Cheers,

Blue

Pil

Looks very cool and also a bit old school with the improvised terrain, movement trays and unpainted lead on the table ;)

Still very fun though, looking forward to the rest! :grin:

Thantsants

Those shots take me right back to the games we played on our desks at the after school club we persuaded our form teacher to let us run.

Text books for hills, paper rivers and loads of unpainted minis - happy days :grin:

I'm going to try and coerce some of my brothers into a game when I go back to my folk's place over Christmas.

Chico

Card movement trays and unpainted figures makes me cry... good job on getting a game in though :)

Blue in VT

Yeah me too...but better to have a game with what's at hand than no game at all!

On the plus side some of the boys are so into it that they have offered to help with some terrain.

Cheers,

Blue

Chico

That's it Blue, recruit more to dark-side muhahaha. BTW you think the CD Bazooka is good in 3rd try out a unit of CD Whirlwinds :)

Back