2nd ed 40k: Servants of the Star Messiah against the Green O

Orjetax

The servants of the Star Messiah took to the field last night to confront a band of the demonic green orkses. They served his will and were guided to victory.

A game of second edition 40k at 1000 points. Chaos cult vs orks. We each used a psyker and at least one dreadnought (the orks used 2 smaller dreads, using the datafax from an issue of inquisitor).

The servants of the Star Messiah arrayed before deployment, and the view down the line as they took to the field.

fc2b1e8b71e61169520ad592a78f20d2.jpg

f8f866b445651bbb1ef3aa436fc88aad.jpg

The green orkses opened up with a brutal burst of frag missiles, which mowed down many of the Star Messiah’s mortal servants.

12a30a7463335b941d32941a3e76787f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orjetax

Re: 2nd ed 40k: Servants of the Star Messiah against the Gre

Less skilled in the blessed weapons given them by the Star Messiah, his mortal servants were largely ineffective. Although at one point, Brother Josef, who had been entrusted with the divine instrument known as “heavy bolter,” cut down for of the orkses with a well timed burst of sustained fire.

41c9d79716a3828939abfea37a1f6d20.jpg

But the Star Messiah’s archangels had infiltrated behind the lines of the orkses and pounced with holy fury, savaging a mob armed with a missile launcher. Their appearance caused the orkses to divide their metal demons. Evil containing the seeds of its own undoing, the archangels soon destroyed the metal demon in hand to hand combat. Although it did crush one of the archangels as it fell.

The dwarf wearing the divine dreadnought armor truly turned the tide of the battle. He shrugged off krak missiles losing only the autocannon on the dreadnought’s right arm. He destroyed the monowheeled leader of the demonic orken host.

9685f45f9f289c091c448fcecd9fec3c.jpg

And would later destroy the orkses that minded their warphead, sending them all fleeing.

There was no successful psyker activity. The warphead never gathered enough force to bring his sorcery to bear, but did at times stymie the demogogue’s efforts to inflict the “carmine assassin” on the spirit (a gretchin!) driving the orkses’ other metal demon. The metal demon ultimately slew the demogogue and then bogged down in a sea of beastmen, slowly eliminating them as they hacked with their mortal weapons in vain.

All in all, a great fun game and I enjoyed getting a win with my cult their first time on the table!

41df7f8586df53f6a7e239109e887c7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back