Rogue GorkaMunda Weekend

The place to post your battle reports with gorgeous pictures of old painted lead

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Rogue GorkaMunda Weekend

theottovonbismark and I got together and played a load of skirmish sized games with some of our Oldhammer style projects over the weekend. We mainly used the Necromunda and GorkaMorka rule sets with some other stats coming from RT and 2nd ed. It all worked out well and we had a few good laughs with improbable plots and superhuman incompetence being the order of the day.

I posted about the weekend on my blog along with some more photos. It was a good laugh. Plans are already underway for another crack at the just-as-grim-but-generally-far-more-hilarious side of the 40k-verse very soon.

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Rogue GorkaMunda Weekend

What stats do you use for ALF!?? :)

Looks like a great game!

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Blue in VT wrote:What stats do you use for ALF!?? :)

Gretchin stats.

ALF has absolutely zero powers in the TV show. Other than being a smart arse with all the good lines he doesnt do anything. As we felt it essential to incluse the model in the game, we made ALF the Maguffin: he had eaten a Gyrinx that had some sort of important technical data encoded into its DNA... or something. Anything to force Vin Diesel to have to babysit ALF was deemed worth it in terms of narrative ;)

Blue in VT wrote:Looks like a great game!

It was a series of small games and yes, they were a hoot :)

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:13 pm

These photo look fantastic. This is the direction i'm pushing my mates in. It's great seeing other people playing the kinds of games that I want to be playing. More power to you! Great stuff!

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

whiskey priest wrote:These photo look fantastic. This is the direction i'm pushing my mates in. It's great seeing other people playing the kinds of games that I want to be playing. More power to you! Great stuff!

Thanks Whiskey priest.

This session had a little bit of the two of us finding our feet at first, as although Sean and I have put in very many gaming hours together over the years, we had to be sure that we were on the same page for this sort of slightly more jazz-improv style of play. We know the level that we want to aim at now, so hopefully its onwards and upwards from here on. If its the sort of daft storyline that features in the scenario tables in RT, then thats the sort of game that I want to play.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Those guardsmen are looking rather nice! When did you paint/post them? Can't remember seeing them.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:03 pm

phreedh wrote:Those guardsmen are looking rather nice! When did you paint/post them? Can't remember seeing them.

All of the Necromundan 1989th "Death Ferrets" Imperial Guard are the work of theottovonbismark. Clockwork horse skeletons, Ogryns made from Heroquest and Battle Masters parts, various other absurdities waiting in the wings. He has about 20 or so finished, but they are retro chic. Visible HERE, although the Iron Chancellor has done a bit more work on them since those photos were taken.

The rest of the stuff is mine.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Hope you get ALF away from the gyrinx...

The very good bat reps of late (WP's , Jonas' , yours and others) have really given me the urge to play some real game on a nice table. Good models is one thing, god paintjob too , lacking some real action with real life lads is not going to take me anywhere. Your game pictures are doing to me what the pictures of old WD's used to do : they make me want to play !

Thanks

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Ah, upon closer inspection the bases DO differ... thought they were identical to yours. Didn't read the blog post yet... :)

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:32 pm

phreedh wrote:Ah, upon closer inspection the bases DO differ... thought they were identical to yours.

Ooooh, hes not going to like that! Like many precious, Goblin Green obsessed toy soldier folk, theottovonbismark doesnt like my quick and dirty basing :lol:
Next

Return to Battle Reports