Dark Shadows WFB 3rd edition

Niko

A new Friday and a new battle , this time in Albion with Patatovich leading an Imperial force from Marienburg supported by Imperial outlaws. In the cold mist of Albion , the imperial forces have reached their objective the old Cromlech of Tir Nagog.
The Truthsayer warn the imperial commander for the harsh climate thet will face them as they march upon Albion.
Albion is constantly bombarde with heavy rain and lashing gale.The ground becoming boggy and infertile to all but the hardiest of plants. The dense mist that have parted from the coast are still thickly concentratded et the centre of the island. The mist hide a myriad of fearsome beasts, ready to strike at any who pass by before vanishing back to their lairs. But suddently the mist lifted and revealed horribly mist shapped créatures !

The imperial force of Patatovitch
albion10.png

albion11.png

The infamous Fimir Horde of Niko
albion12.png

albion13.png

albion14.png

albion15.png

To be continued !

Niko

A brief description of the two forces :

Patatovitch : Imperial force of Marienburg

1 lvl 20 ( light armour, shield Enchanted strike sword)
2 lvl 15 ( one mounted, full plate, baded horse Enchanted strike sword) ( one on foot , light armour shield)
2lvl 10 ( light armour shield)
1 Truth sayer lvl 15 wizard
1 lvl 5 wizard ( ring of dispel magic)

12 Armbrustschutzen
32 Hellblitzen
36 Helblitzen
8 Hohensknechtes
2 Reiks kanone
1 Fenbeast

Niko Fimir Horde

1 lvl 15 Meargh wizard ( ring with cause rain spell)
1 lvl 15 Flaith ( galvorn armour and Enchanted strike)
2 lvl 10 Finmor ( light armour and trance sword)
1 lvl 15 Dark emissary

7 Fim warriors ( light armour)
7 Fim warriors ( light armour)
6 Fiana Fimm ( light armour)
1 mercenary Giant
1 Fenbeast

Niko

1st Turn

Overall advance for the Fimir Horde ! George the giant run to the cover of the tree. The Meargh managed to cast a magical mist upon helpless canon crew of the imperial army. She also activated her magical ring and a torrential rain wet the whole battlefield ! With no shooting and fighting , the turn is over.

The imperial army stay still, waiting for the fimir onslaught. One of the canon can not shoot. the other one fired at the advancing horde an a Fimir is killed ! The crossbowmen are out of range thanks to the rain ! :mrgreen: The imperial wizard cast Wind blast in the middle of the horde , slowing the unit of the center.
tour_110.png

George and the Dark emissary
albion16.png

George in the forest , he wants to eat some tasty vegetables !
boulet10.png

Niko

Turn 2 and 3

The Fimir are almost upon the imperial line , ready to butcher the poor humans ! George the Giant start to pulp the Fenbeast. The Meargh cast another mist upon the Knights this time. She also burn to death some foolish halberdiers. And it still raining ! The imperial artillery manage to kill a couple of Fimir. My Dark emissary is killed by a combination of crossbow fire and fireballs. My Fenbeast vanish into the ground .
fenbes10.png

Smelly ?
fimir_10.png

Georges into the wood !
george10.png

Niko

Turn 4-8

It's time for the imperial commander to launch his dogs of war. Overall charge of the imperial line !
impzor10.png

peloto10.png

Five long turn of brutality , the scream of the dying the advance and retreat of the battle line. The Fimir are stronger but the humans are numerous.
3_tour11.png

A sad picture of the war ! On my right my Fimirs are in trouble. The armour of the Khight are too tick for them.
fimirs10.png

After many turns, the situation of my army is critical. The numbers of my opponent will prevail. And Georges is just free from the fen beast to help my depleted horde.
fzoroc10.png

Niko

After 5 turns of fighting, my situation is critical. I managed to save my army with good LD rolls but I'm waiting for George ! Some units lost their precious mist and became confused ! The unit of my right finally lost their neirves and was tramppled to death by the Knights !

George is coming !
george11.png

After 3 turns of hard fight against the fenbeast, George charged the flank of the halberdiers and routed them almost alone ! The poor human were caught and eaten to the last by the happiest giant. Georges said that the Truthsayer was very tasty !
It was time, because only 3 Fimir were remaining in my unit.
End of my right !
fin_de10.png

There's no many living on the battlefield !
fimirs11.png

And it was the end of this game. the result was a draw . I lost 987 pts and Patatovitch 1075. Here at Nanterre ( near Paris) we are happy to play Oldhammer with old miniatures and old rules. This game was part of the "Dark Shadows" campaign led by Patatovicth. Fimirs are interresting to play with. An army with lots of qualities ( T5, WS 4) but lots of flaws too ( LD, CL 6 ) .

But now I'm ready to play my horrible horde for Metz Oldhammer event on May !

symphonicpoet

Oh, lovely Niko! Even if it was a draw, it sounds like you both had a good time and took a good piece out of the other. I suppose an Imperial truthsayer ought to have a good, if slightly beery flavor, not unlike myself. Would be interesting to hear from him how that would compare to a good Tilean wine marinate. Anyway . . . . looks like fun was had by all! And I hope your May event is equally rewarding. :)

Sorry to answer so late but I just discovered this battle and I was very amazed to see the Fimirs.

I am from Spain (I use the translator), and I dedicate myself to take all the possible information of the Fimirs, I translate it into Spanish and I put it in my forum, I should have made a blog, but when I did it I did not understand almost anything about pages and I did what I most half knew.

I will post a link to my forum in case you want to find out about the Fimir world about both official and fan topics.

Greetings.

PD: I have passed this battle to my forum translated into Spanish.

https://fimir.mforos.com/2093661/131074 ... 3-edicion/

Outsider

Love your fimir force and the battle looks amazing. Absolutely something to aim for with my own collection.

Back