40k Second Edition - Squats vs Orks, 1k

The place to post your battle reports with gorgeous pictures of old painted lead

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:45 am

40k Second Edition - Squats vs Orks, 1k

A bit more of a high level summary than a true battle report -

A friend and I quickly put together a game. He used my squats (using the fanmade yellow codex), I used my orks. This was our first game trying out psychic powers since second edition was the contemporary edition.

A fun but lopsided game in which I suffered due to some catastrophically bad rolling.

But a bunch of interesting things happened, and we looked up some rules we’re frankly not sure we ever referenced before.

The first of these came when, lacking a target, I ran a squad of Blood Axes up to the second story of a building.

This failed badly. They exchanged turns of mutually ineffective fire with the squats’ pirate unit.

The building itself - despite only being made of stone (or so we adjudicated it), survived a blast from a heavy plasma (high power no less!). But ultimately a subterranean hit from the squat mole mortar to collapse, leaving a single ork standing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 am

Re: 40k Second Edition - Squats vs Orks, 1k

The squat ancestor lord owned the psychic phase. He kept the ork warboss and ogryns locked down the successive force domes, until the ork warphead finally managed to destroy power and energy drain away the existing fields.

The warphead tried throughout the game to land the ‘kop dis’ power on the ancestor lord. This was stubborn of me - I should have been picking off the accompanying cyber slayers.

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:53 am

On the orks’ last turn, having drained away the force domes at last, my ogryns and warboss got an unexpected charge. They did serious damage to the cyber slayers, but ended the game ended with this swirling and complicated melee (with multiple models in base to base with other multiple models) still ongoing.

In total, apart from the close combat, the orks managed to eliminate only three (!!!) squats. Two of them knocked out with heavy weapons in the opening turn.

As always, we had a great time.

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 am

That sounds like it was a lot fun!
Stuart Templeton - 1st Edition Space Hulk Fanatic!

I may not be good but I'm slow!

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:06 am

portman wrote:That sounds like it was a lot fun!

Sure was. Think the last five or so games I’ve played have been second edition, and I’ve much enjoyed it.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:45 pm

looks great, and some lovely paint jobs on disaply too. better luck next time, orks!

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:44 pm

daddyorchips wrote:looks great, and some lovely paint jobs on disaply too. better luck next time, orks!

Thanks!

Orks won our last game ... When my buddy was using them and I played squats.

Hmm. I wonder what the commonality with regard to the losses is ...

Return to Battle Reports