Monday Night Bloodbowl - Dwarfs vs Skaven

popevaderii

Welcome to Ten Mile High Stadium, home of the Dwarven Bloodaxes, for MONDAY NIGHT BLOODBOWL!

Sports fans I can guarantee carnage tonight, there’ll be the usual fists of fury from the Bloodaxes with added gory glee from the Lowdown Ratz as I can confirm they’ve brought a Rat Ogre!

Grim Teebow calls heads and as the ref tosses the coin he punches the Ratz captain in his noggin, with the rest of the Bloodaxes pilling in for some pre-emptive, pregame, violence! We have a pitch brawl and the games not even started! As things settle down the referee declares the game underway with the ball deep in the Ratz half, not that this changes much for most of the dwarfs as they continue to pummel their way through the line of scrimmage.

Gutter Runners and the Rat Ogre find space on the wings as dwarfs scramble to cover the gaps, things made worse as Pickaxe Manning trips over his shoe laces while trying to block a feisty rat. Thankfully the Bloodaxes manta of ‘cheat early, cheat often’ was followed to the letter and greasing the ball pre kick off making it difficult for the Skaven thrower to pick up….but soon it’s in his hands and he’s looking for receivers…oh one Gutter Runner’s eating Astro-Granite and the other has been sent to that great sewer in the sky. One dead rat, 10 more to go!

Noooo!!!! A lowly Lowdown Ratz lineman is open deep field catches the pinpoint pass, things look desperate for the Bloodaxes until Pickaxe makes a last gasp tackle and as the half draws to the close the dwarfs conduct a Rat Ogre neutralising operation, knocking out the beast; unfortunately the monster recovers to take the field come the second half.

The kick-off leaves the ball in the dwarf deep field and Grim Teebow scoops up the ball, well tries…on the second attempt he’s got ball in hand and the team forms up around him…but too late as the Ratz scuttle behind the line of scrimmage and two blitzers sack Teebow, thankfully Pickaxe Manning recovers the fumble. Despite a spirited and suicidal defence the Ratz no longer have enough players on the pitch to prevent the touchdown, but the clock might!

As it ticks down Manning dashes for the line…5, 4, 3, 2…Manning spikes the ball in celebration as the referee blows the final whistle, another fine 1-0 victory for the Bloodaxes!

tatsujin

At some stage, my Skeggi Stallions ought to "play" your Dwarven Bloodaxes, home @ Smackdown Anarchy Field or away @ Ten Mile.

Nice to see our old kit getting a run out.

Mister Rab

The Skeggi Stallions? I know that team - good to see you here, James :grin:

Looks like a fun game popevaderii, although I disapprove very strongly of a dwarf win over skaven :evil:

Orjetax

Here's hoping that Grim's pro career outlives his namesake's . . .

Sigh.

Am guessing that Pickaxe Manning had a father named Archer, probably a good player in his own right . . .

popevaderii

tatsujin: If you're ever in the Cambridge area let me know...and is that a troll I spy? If so it`ll give my slayer something to play with :p

Orjetax: Indeed Archer Manning is the father of borther Pickaxe and Egbert Manning...as for Grim Teebow, well he's good at running in touchdowns but wouldnt trust him to throw the ball!!!

tatsujin

My Mother-in-law lives in Ely, so as a family we visit occasionally :? In fact we'll be there 24th,25th,26th, but the chance of my 'getting away for a game' is close to zero. However, I'll post when we're down visiting at a less hectic time of the year.

Jon Hellway is itchin' to come out of retirement.

popevaderii

Yeah...not sure I can manage a game over Christmas but keep me updated of your future plans, be great to have a game :)

Back