Tilea IC2401 (Campaign#8)

The place to post your battle reports with gorgeous pictures of old painted lead

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Tilea IC2401 (Campaign#8)

Greetings have joined this forum where I have lurked for too long. Just had to say how much I am enjoying this thread. Lovely painted figures and terrain. A great story with fantastic depth and interesting characters. I am reading it a bit at a time and savouring it.

Post Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Thanks muchly, Mikeyboy. I was 're-invigorated' and enthused (!) by you comment yesterday, and forced myself to find time to do a spate of campaign GMing, answering players' questions so that their orders can be finalised. I even started a new painting project which I am excited about. I am so very glad you enjoy the writing too - that's the bit I am least sure of!

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi padre

The story definitely draws you in. The different characters, the touches like speeches and letters all really help to set the scene and explain the events.
The pictures of all the painted toys really do help to build the world. It is like reading a really well illustrated story.
If I have this right, you buy and paint all the figures and terrain yourself. As well as running the campaign? That is some task.

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Yeah, it is time consuming - thus the slow pace at times. Real life is incredibly busy for me in November, which has slowed me right down, although I spent what hobby time I had writing the secret player reports (these can't be published in an active campaign for strategy reasons.)

Some players have their own armies, but at present most are using my figures. Mind you when I do posts about the ones with painted armies, I tend even then to paint my own versions of their officers and guards etc, so that I can use them in the story!

At present I am working on more zombie cultists - for obvious reasons!

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:04 am

Am now up to date and loving it!
Previous

Return to Battle Reports