Nagash

Tullaris

Anyone remember this abomination?

Technically middlehammer, but at least he's made of metal.

I've had him collecting dust behind all the crap on my desk for a little over a decade now.
Finally decided to put him together and paint him.
I tried to pose him as in the army book, also wanted to rearrange his face a bit and add some hair, but ended up not doing those. I did add some horns to his crown though.

Fimm McCool

Apart from the head he's an ok model. I don't really understand from the fluff why he is quite so massive but clearly someone thought it would make him impressive. The first iteration head isn't that great either. When I did my tribute I tried to get his head looking like the excellent creepy Mark Gibbons art.

ManicMan

of course, there is then the issue of some of the changes (not just the head) which were made after Morley's original sculpt..

EricF

Administrator
A classic! I think my brother must have my copy, although I can't remember if I ever painted it although he may have done the honours by now.

It was only ever the head that seemed off to me, there are a couple of variations that have graced the forums over the years. I think you've done the mini proud, looks very good (I also love the grass on the skeleton's head!)

Tullaris

abomination? i still don't understand some of the hate.. nice work on him by the way
Thank you. I think the hate is mostly because of his goofy looking face. Not sure if it's true, but I read the other day that the sculptor wanted to make him a mummy to line up with his Nehekharan origin, but was told to make him a skeleton. He then made the ugliest skeleton he could and also made a great looking mummy, but they went for the skeleton anyway.
I would love to see the other version if it still exists.

Tullaris

Apart from the head he's an ok model. I don't really understand from the fluff why he is quite so massive but clearly someone thought it would make him impressive. The first iteration head isn't that great either. When I did my tribute I tried to get his head looking like the excellent creepy Mark Gibbons art.
If I remember correctly, he consumed vast amounts of warpstone, to fuel his sorcery, which turned him gigantic. It was also his downfall since his Skaven allies became so afraid of him that they crafted a warpstone blade so deadly that it would even kill the wielder.
They then gave this blade to the prisoner King Alcadizaar, last survivor of Khemri, who then proceeded to hack the sleeping Nagash into many tiny little pieces.

Tullaris

A classic! I think my brother must have my copy, although I can't remember if I ever painted it although he may have done the honours by now.

It was only ever the head that seemed off to me, there are a couple of variations that have graced the forums over the years. I think you've done the mini proud, looks very good (I also love the grass on the skeleton's head!)
Thank you, my only regret is that I didn't put his staff arm correctly. All the fancy stuff is hidden.
The grassy one just woke up:)

Back