Forum Downtime - Friday 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricF

Administrator
Hello everyone,
If the chaos gods are with us I plan to do the forum migration to the new platform on Friday the 9th June - that is to say in a couple of days time. It would appear from tests that everything should be okay. I've done test run throughs a couple of times now.

I will take the board offline on Friday morning (UTC/GMT) and start the migration. I need to take it offline just to ensure we take all the content with us! Hopefully things will proceed smoothly and I'll bring the board back online later in the day. It may well come back online earlier in the day but still be closed for a while whilst I'm tidying up behind the scenes. Use the downtime wisely to paint miniatures and then you can post your efforts over the weekend! :)

You will be able to log in with the same username and password that you currently use since your password hash will be migrated. Since we have several users using Tapatalk I will install the add-on for it (although the new site will work fine on phones). Any issues logging in please email boardmove2023@oldhammer.org

:!: Some user's avatars won't migrate across (in particular animated GIFs and externally hosted images), if you are one of those users and I've apparently not fixed your avatar then please get in touch after the migration and we'll sort out restoring your avatar manually - I will keep a copy of them all to hand for this purpose. You may also find because XenForo uses a fixed avatar shape that your current avatar has been distorted or scaled badly. Again happy to help out where I can to get you looking your best again, just email (or message via the board - PMs in XenForo are called "conversations", although everyone still calls them PMs!)

Once we're migrated there will be some tidying up no doubt and adding of features over the coming weeks, but nothing that will impact the day to day usage of the site. For the most part I hope it will be business as usual, but with hopefully a site that plays better on mobile phones and allows easier image embedding, etc.

If you do have difficulties logging in or you find something missing or wrong on the new forum, or some feature I've totally missed please email boardmove2023@oldhammer.org and I will do my best to resolve it. I'll be keeping that email alive for a while to keep track of any issues.

Final thing - it's probably worth checking your details on the site are up to date prior to the move - no typos in your email address, etc

EricF

Administrator
Board was moved successfully. We are now running on a new host and with new software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back